As a valued industry partner of the University of Toronto, we would like to welcome you to an evening reception with Electrical and Computer Engineering graduate students and faculty on September 20th. You will join a host of other leading employers seeking to hire the best and brightest students from the highest ranked university in Canada. Please contact email@example.com for any additional information.
The ECEGSS will be hosting our annual elections to elect new ECEGSS representatives for the ’17-’18 term on September 20th! We are currently accepting nominations until the end of the day on Friday Sept. 15th.
Nominate yourself or a fellow graduate student for an ECEGSS position. Only nominations with valid emails will be considered. A brief description of the main responsibilities for each position can be found below – if you have questions regarding a position or wish to know all its responsibilities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
President: the official representative of the society, organize meetings, and ensure that the society is running smoothly.
Treasurer: responsible for the financial statements of the society and assuming the duties of the president in their absence.
Webmaster: responsible for keeping the website up-to-date
Social Officer (3): responsible for planning, organizing, and leading social events.
Graduate Students’ Union (GSU) Council Representative (3): responsible for attending the GSU Council Meetings
CUPE 3902 Steward: responsible for attending CUPE 3902 Stewards’ meetings and keeping ECE graduate students informed of pertinent developments
The ECEGSS needs a new logo, and we need your help! We will be holding a departmental wide logo contest and invite you to submit your design by January 31st for consideration. Entries will be screened by the ECEGSS executive committee and the winner will be selected by popular vote. The winning design will be used online on our website and social media accounts as well as ECEGSS merchandise (hopefully!). In addition to having their logo used by the ECEGSS, there will also be prizes for the winning designs.
How to Participate
– Must be a current graduate student in ECE at UofT
– Maximum of 2 logo entries per person (only 1 prize may be awarded per person)
– Send your design along with your full name and student number by email to email@example.com before the end of day on January 31st
– You must submit a copy of your design in the following three sizes:
o 300px x 300px (square logo)
o 350px x 75px (banner)
o 400px x 150px (banner)
– Logo should look good in both black/white and color
– Logo should be scalable and look good at relatively small sizes
– Logo should be unique and does not infringe on other copyrights
– Banner sizes should contain text reading either “ECEGSS” or “ECE Graduate Students’ Society”
– Submissions must be in either PNG or a scalable vector format
– Each design will be screened by ECEGSS executive team for appropriateness and adherence to the guidelines
– Logos will be put to vote anonymously by ECE graduate students
– First Place: $50 CF Shop gift card
– Second Place: $25 CF Shop gift card
– Third Place: $20 CF Shop gift card
**CF Shop gift cards can be used at the Eaton Centre, and other participating CF malls
We would like to thank all the people who attended today’s meeting and also all the volunteers who helped us through the last year for all the events that we have had. We are pleased to announce the results of the ECE Graduate Students’ Society (ECEGSS) and CUPE Stewards Elections held at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2013:
President: Seyed Hossein Mortazavi
Secretary/Treasurer: Shadi Chuangpishit
Event/Social Officer: Peyman Hadi
GSU Representatives: Zhen Dai and Shervin Shahidi
CUPE 3902 Stewards: Eman Hammad, Mario Badr, Hui-Lin Hsu, Parisa Khadem Hamedani, and Liyao Xiang
We would like to extend our congratulations to the newly elected ECEGSS executives, GSU representatives, and CUPE Stewards. We are looking forward to an exciting new year for the graduate students at the ECE department!